Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Lamp Meets My Insatiable Desire to Spray-Paint Things

I'm getting pretty efficient with this, I found. Wasn't my first rodeo. To the pictures!
Another day, another brass lamp.  This one came from the Habitat ReStore, and was $3.

Enter gold-braid-trimmed Goodwill lampshade, bought with another $3 lamp.. 5? 6 years ago?  I didn't hang on to it on purpose, exactly... but it's managed to survive three moves. At least it's durable.


The living room rug came bound with these strips of woven canvas tape stuff. I saved them, to cover unsightly gold lampshade braid, of course. (Shrug.)


Wha-bam! 10 minutes with Rustoleum UltraCover in Slate Blue, and some hot glue. 

This lamp sits in the Captain's Quarters and didn't have to match anything; I just wanted to paint it blue. I.. like to paint lamps.  IS THAT A CRIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment