Friday, April 24, 2009

We Bought A House (and a Lizard)

Yep. Came right along with it. Freebie. To best illustrate how we came to know this, imagine the following scenario: THE MR.: "Where did that bill go?" THE MRS.: "Oh, it's in the office. I'll get it--"
LIZARD: "Hey." THE MRS.: (freeze) THE MR.: "Oh, look, a little [insert colloquial term for lizards that I've already forgotten]." LIZARD: "Got any cheetos?"* THE MRS.: (pointing) THE MR.: "... I'll get it." It was deposited on the patio, after which it most surely scampered back inside to wherever it came from in the first place. Before it got a chance:
("'Sup.")
The Captain never noticed. Which was probably a good thing. *As in, "I heard you fed a slug one once."

5 comments:

  1. I wonder what Barry is up to these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a quest for another cheeto, I'd guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a five-lined skink!! There are probably a lot more those guys around your place. Missed the blogs... glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do five-lined skinks always have such stubby tails? Or did this guy lose his in an epic battle? I think you should name him Steve.

    We have little lizardy things with bright blue tails scurrying around our house. Are those skinks, too?

    ReplyDelete