Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update-o-rama: Fauxfa Edition

Hooray! I have new pictures! Last week the "new" fauxfa arrived from the upholsterer. I mean, not as though it's a surprise, really, that the thing looks COMPLETELY different--it was basically taken down to its innards, refluffed, and recovered. It no longer has a skirt, or the weird brass tacks the old version had (only on the back?). Its broken leg has been fixed, and yes, folks--it is now plaid. For a refresher on how it used to look, as well as an explanation of the term "fauxfa" for those of you who may have missed it, see the "before" post--because this is the "after:"
...and some context:
Sorry the pictures are a little dark/blurry. For those of you still skeptical about the giant orange plaid, I invite you to see it in person. I realize there may be something wrong with the part of my brain that finds plaids loud/overwhelming/busy/kitsch-y, etc., etc. but I'm really happy with it; it's so much brighter/warmer/happier than it used to be.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a plaidening. I will reserve judgment until I see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And cozy! Needs piddows. . .

    ReplyDelete