Monday, March 30, 2009

The Guest Bedroom: Before & After

Alright! So after a slight hiatus (more on that later), I've got a whole mess-o-updates to make. As promised, here are some before and after pictures of the Guest Bedroom: Before The Mr. and I taped and primed it, it was a light purple-y gray:
...and it had a cream-colored berber carpet:
Mom and I then painted it a very light green (Valspar, "Sweet Kasha"):
... and then The Mr. and I ripped out the carpet. The Mr.'s mom and dad helped us remove the old carpet padding staples, tack strips and some strips of double-sided tape goo. The final result (pre-move-in):
I think it's quite the improvement! I'm really happy with the color, and the hardwood floors are beautiful. We waffled about ripping up the carpet--even though our preference is hardwood, we really don't mind carpet in bedrooms and despite being slightly dingy the berber wasn't in terrible shape. It is, actually, still with us:
NB. Find out where the nearest dump or recycling center is prior to tossing large amounts of refuse on your porch. Anyway, we took the gamble and the hardwood is in pretty great shape. We'll have to figure out something to do with the threshold between the room and the closet; there's an area there that either didn't get stained with the rest of the floor or was stripped at some point. What do you think? Miss the purple?

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! It looks GREAT--and now I don't have to worry about that--ahem--mishap with the paint! :-)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO, love it! Man, I'm jealous. I wish there had been something like that to see when we ripped up our carpets -- instead of creepy stained subflooring. That's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete